Photographing a Fashion Jewellery Campaign with the Fuji X-Pro1 |
I love working with clients that have a clear vision for their brand and from our very first phone contact and meeting I knew that minds behind new Fashion Jewellery label OUMIRA were very switched on; understood their target market and the kind of eye catching, fashion branding images that would grab a customers attention. As the premier sales point for Oumira is an online shop we decided to go with classic white background, lit and photographed in the studio – great for online retailing and very popular with PR’s and Fashion Editors for ease of insertion in magazine ‘What’s Hot’ fashion pages too. The brief was for great energy from the model; and this only comes from great energy between the model and the photographer, to be combined with fabulous lighting, put it all together and capture those special moments.
Story continues below…
Pros & Cons of shooting Fashion with the Fujifim X-Pro1
- A very high percentage of Sharp and In-Focus shots = more keepers to choose from.
- Exceptional file quality straight from the camera.
- Great detailed files from RAW – but see the Con below..
- Ability to shoot with any of the three viewfinder options & I used all three on this shoot.
- No mirror ‘black-out'; you see the shot you are making.
- Everyone loves the X-Pro1, and the client probably doesn’t own one (yet)..
- You need to remove the tripod plate to open the Card/Battery door.
- Viewfinder not as large as with a DSLR, I look over the top of the camera if it’s a problem.
- RAW conversion tends to be time consuming – frustrating – impossible under some circumstances..
- Write speeds not as fast as DSLR – can slow down playback viewing.
- Minor shutter lag, though not enough to cause me at least to miss any shots..
For me the decision to use the Fuji X-Pro1 on this shoot was definitely the right call. The Camera and the XF35mmF1.4 R were a perfect combination for the contemporary fashion look and feel we were after from the shoot. The image quality is superb and the cameras ability to focus accurately and quickly (in that order) allowed me to focus more on what was happening in front of the camera; the shots, than worrying if the shots were really in focus or not. And as I wrote in my X-Pro1 review on Street Fashion Sydney; this is a camera that enhances your photography instead of hindering it. Love it!
See full article and more pictures on fashionphotographysydney.blogspot.fr